Finnish Development NGOs Fingo ry is looking to recruit a Finance and Administration Assistant (non-military service position) to assist with the finance and administration of the Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship project. Fingo is an NGO platform and an expert on global development. We represent 300 Finnish civil society organisations and strive to build a fairer world for all. Fingo and its member organisations work to make life better – for everyone. The Bridge 47 project aims to mobilise global civil society to contribute to global justice and eradication of poverty through global citizenship education. The project is funded by the European Union.
The project focuses on the following areas
1. Bridge 47 network: The project sets up a vibrant global coalition in support of global citizenship.
2. Advocacy at national, EU and global level. The project works to change policies at national, EU and global level to better recognize the essential role of Global Citizenship Education in achieving Agenda 2030, global justice and eradication of poverty.
3. Development of partnerships: The project creates new partnerships – advocacy, knowledge exchange and exploratory partnerships – with a range of different actors, from policy makers to academia, and from media to police and military, in support of Global Citizenship Education.
4. Capacity development and innovation: The project builds the capacity of European and civil society organisations to work with and create innovations for Global Citizenship Education.
Tasks related to financial administration include
- Assist in scanning invoices and supporting documents
- Assist in checking supporting documents (such as receipts) for expenditure
- Assisting the project staff with IT related questions
- Assisting in practical arrangements of Bridge 47 meetings and events
• Other project administration related tasks given by the Project Manager
Skills and Qualifications of the Finance and Administration Assistant
- Interest and motivation to assist in finance and administration
- Reliability as a team player
- Fluency in English
- Commitment to the values of Global Citizenship Education
- Studies or experience in finance, administration or other relevant fields
In addition, we appreciate:
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a multicultural context
- IT skills, familiarity with Office 365
- Post based in Helsinki – Finland
- Non-military service position (siviilipalvelus)
Please send a cover letter and CV, in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reference “Bridge 47 Finance and Administration Assistant” in the title of your e-mail, cover letter and CV. Please note that applications received after closing date will not be considered. The non-military service person is expected to start in August.
Closing date of the call: 6 June 2019, 4 PM EET