The Finnish NGDO Platform to the European Union Kehys ry is looking to recruit an Administration Coordinator for Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship project (21-month contract, 100%).
The Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship project aims to mobilise global civil society to contribute to global justice and eradication of poverty through Global Citizenship Education.
The project provides a space for civil society organisations, activists and other interested people to interact with one another, exchange information and resources and develop new and innovative approaches for Global Citizenship Education. The project focuses on joint advocacy efforts and building new partnerships, while also supporting civil society to develop new and effective approaches to reaching out to new stakeholders and providing tools to promote and act upon Global Citizenship Education. The project works closely with partners engaged in informal and non-formal education and life-long learning with a view to promoting transformative change in society.
The Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship project is seeking an ADMINISTRATION COORDINATOR (21-month contract, 100%) to provide administrative support to the project. The position is full-time and based in Helsinki, Finland.
Duties & responsibilities of the Administration Coordinator
The main tasks include:
- Ensure the overall support for the project’s administrative structures and procedures
- Make arrangements of internal meetings for the whole project (including online meetings)
- Assist in the preparation of scheduled reports
- Ensure sufficient project documentation and filing of project data, including on monitoring and evaluation of the project’s implementation and financial administration
- Make travel arrangements
- Coordinate IT, phone and office services
- Act as the point of contact for the Bridge 47 project within the host organisation and among its members
- Assist in coordinating and implementing a fund-raising strategy for the project
- Conduct any other task assigned by the Project Manager broadly in line with the job profile of an Administration Coordinator
Skills and Qualifications of the Administration Coordinator
- Excellent organisational, coordination and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing circumstances
- Reliability as a team player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English and Finnish; knowledge of other European languages is an asset
- Knowledge and commitment to the values of Global Citizenship Education
- University Degree or equivalent (such as AMK)
- 2-3 years experience of administration
In addition, we appreciate:
- Problem solving capacity, mediation and facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural context
- Ability to establish good working relations with the several players and stakeholders
- Strong IT skills, familiarity with Office 365
- Availability to travel in European countries
Please send a cover letter and CV, in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 December 2018, 4 PM EET. Please include the reference ”Bridge 47 – Administration Coordinator” in the title of your e-mail, cover letter and CV. Please note that applications received after closing date will not be considered.
- Terms of reference (pdf)
Taina Riski, Project Manager, +358 50 3273 147, at the following times (EET):
- Wednesday 21 November 10-11 AM
- Wednesday 28 November 10-11 AM