Fingo is looking to recruit a
Finnish Development NGOs Fingo ry is looking to recruit a Financial Coordinator to the Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship project for a 20-month contract starting in February 2019.
The tasks of the Financial Coordinator include:
- Maintaining appropriate financial and accounting systems for the project to meet the requirements of the European Commission
- Guiding, ensuring the quality of and consolidating financial reporting of all project partners in a remote team
- Facilitating and cooperating with audit processes as required
- Budget revision and monitoring
- Coordinating and managing procurements and drafting, coordinating and managing contracts under the project
- Accounts payable handling for Helsinki-based team
- Developing and coordinating a fundraising strategy for the project
- Conducting any other tasks broadly in line with the job profile of a Financial Coordinator
What do we expect?
- University Degree or equivalent
- At least three-year experience of financial project management
- Experience in managing financial resources
- Experience in procurement and facilitating audits
In addition, we appreciate:
- Experience of financial provisions in the framework of European Commission funded contracts (DEVCO / DEAR)
- Problem solving capacity, mediation and facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural context
- Ability to establish good working relations with the several players and stakeholders
- Strong IT skills, familiarity with Office 365 and accounting software
- Availability to travel in European countries
What can we offer?
We offer a meaningful and interesting position that will allow you work in the area Global Citizenship Education. Bridge 47 is a project that aims to mobilise global civil society to contribute to global justice and eradication of poverty through Global Citizenship Education. The project provides a space for civil society organisations, activists and other interested people to interact with one another, exchange information and resources and develop new and innovative approaches for global citizenship education.
Fingo is an NGO platform which was formed by the Finnish NGDO Platform to the European Union, Kehys and Finnish Platform for Development NGOs, Kepa. Fingo works to bring together 300 development NGO’s, influence political decision-making, and coordinate the work of its members. Our modern premises with great public transport connections can be found in Vallila, Helsinki.
Please send a cover letter and CV, in English to email@example.com. Please include the reference “Bridge 47 – Financial Coordinator” in the title of your e-mail, cover letter and CV. Interviews will be held mid-January.
For further information, please contact Nora Forsbacka, +358 43 824 1167, the following times:
- Thursday 20 December 2018 14-15 EET
- Monday 7 January 2019 14-15 EET
Closing date of the call: 9 January 2019, 4 PM EET