Finnish Development NGOs Fingo ry is looking to recruit a Finance and Administration trainee (pdf) to assist with the finance and administration of the Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship project (6 months, full-time)
The Bridge 47 project aims to mobilise global civil society to contribute to global justice and eradication of poverty through global citizenship education. Finnish Development NGOs – Fingo is an NGO platform and an expert on global development. Fingo and its member organisations work to make life better – for everyone.
The Bridge 47 project focuses on the following areas:
- Bridge 47 network: The project sets up a vibrant global coalition in support of global citizenship.
- Advocacy at national, EU and global level. The project works to change policies at national, EU and global level to better recognize the essential role of Global Citizenship Education in achieving Agenda 2030, global justice and eradication of poverty.
- Development of partnerships: The project creates new partnerships – advocacy, knowledge exchange and exploratory partnerships – with a range of different actors, from policy makers to academia, and from media to police and military, in support of Global Citizenship Education.
- Capacity development and innovation: The project builds the capacity of European and civil society organisations to work with and create innovations for Global Citizenship Education.
Tasks of the Finance and Administration Trainee include:
- Assisting in scanning invoices and supporting documents
- Assist in checking supporting documents (such as receipts) for expenditure
- Assist the project staff with IT related questions
- Assist in practical arrangements of Bridge 47 meetings and events
- Other project administration related tasks given by the Project Manager
Skills and Qualifications of the Finance and Administration Trainee
- Interest and motivation to assist in finance and administration
- Reliability as a team player
- Fluency in English
- Commitment to the values of Global Citizenship Education
- Studies or experience in finance, administration or other relevant fields
In addition, we appreciate:
- Motivation and positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a multicultural context
- Strong IT skills, familiarity with Office 365
Only students currently enrolled in an institute of higher education can be considered for this trainee position. The position is remunerated, and the trainee will work 37,5 hours a week. The position is based in Helsinki, Finland.
Please send a cover letter and CV, in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reference “Bridge 47– Finance and Administration Trainee” in the title of your e-mail, cover letter and CV. Please note that applications received after closing date will not be considered.
Closing date of the call: 7 August 2019, 3 PM EET
Expected start date
The trainee is expected to start in September (ideally 2 September).