Tender invitation for external consultant to develop an advocacy strategy and action plan based on policy recommendations from Beyond Growth conference.
Finnish Development NGOs – Fingo, a leader of ”Towards Open, Fair and Sustainable Europe in the World – EU Presidency Project 2019-2021”, is seeking a consultant to develop an advocacy strategy and action plan based on policy recommendations from knowledge co-creation conference Beyond Growth – Indicators and Politics for People and Planet.
The consultant is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Analyse policy recommendations from the Beyond Growth conference and together with Fingo representatives identify the most relevant and realistic recommendations providing goals and objectives for Fingo’s advocacy work to achieve policy change at the European level
- Help Fingo to elaborate Beyond Growth policy recommendations to clear and compelling advocacy messages
- Identify key target groups and stakeholders for EU-level advocacy and analyse how to engage with stakeholders in order to effectively advance Beyond Growth recommendations
- Identity upcoming strategic opportunities in European policy processes in next 3 – 5 years.
Advocacy strategy and action plan including:
- Clarification of goals and objectives of advocacy (long term and short term),
- Elaborating clear and compelling advocacy messages
- Identification of key targets for advocacy (individuals and groups; decision makers and other stakeholders)
- Identification of most relevant EU-level policy processes and windows of opportunities for advocacy in next 3 – 5 years.
Applications are to be sent no later than 19 January 2020 to elina.mikola(a)fingo.fi
Suitable candidates are interviewed prior to the final decision.