Finnish Development NGOs Fingo ry is looking to recruit a Communications and Events trainee to assist with the communications and events of the Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship project (6 months, full-time)
The Bridge 47 project aims to mobilise global civil society to contribute to global justice and eradication of poverty through global citizenship education. Finnish Development NGOs – Fingo is an NGO platform and an expert on global development. Fingo and its member organisations work to make life better – for everyone.
The Bridge 47 project focuses on the following areas
1. Bridge 47 network: The project sets up a vibrant global coalition in support of global citizenship.
2. Advocacy at national, EU and global level. The project works to change policies at national, EU and global level to better recognize the essential role of Global Citizenship Education in achieving Agenda 2030, global justice and eradication of poverty.
3. Development of partnerships: The project creates new partnerships – advocacy, knowledge exchange and exploratory partnerships – with a range of different actors, from policy makers to academia, and from media to police and military, in support of Global Citizenship Education.
4. Capacity development and innovation: The project builds the capacity of European and civil society organisations to work with and create innovations for Global Citizenship Education.
The project is funded by the European Union. It started in October 2017 and will run until October 2020. The project consortium consists of two global networks (CIVICUS and ICAE), three national development education networks (in France, Ireland and Scotland), six national CSO platforms (in Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Slovakia and Slovenia), three organisations working on GCE (in Cyprus, Denmark and Latvia), and a European research network (EADI).
Bridge 47 is now looking to recruit a
Communications and Events Trainee (6 months)
to assist the project with communications and event preparations. The starting date is 5th of August or otherwise as agreed.
Tasks of the Communications and Events Trainee
The trainee will assist the Communications Coordinator with communications tasks:
- Assisting with producing and proofreading content for the Bridge 47 website
- Assisting with producing content for Bridge 47 social media channels
- Assisting with preparing the Bridge 47 newsletter
In addition, the trainee will assist the Global Network Coordinator with event-related tasks:
- Assisting with preparations of a large Bridge 47 event in November, Helsinki, including administrative tasks and communication with participants
The trainee may also conduct other tasks assigned by the Project Manager in line with the profile of a Communications and Events Trainee
Skills and Qualifications of the Communications and Events Trainee
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Reliability as a team player
- Commitment to the values of Global Citizenship Education
- Studies in communication or other relevant fields
- Some experience in communications, journalism or related fields
In addition, we appreciate:
- Motivation and positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work in a multicultural context
- Strong IT skills, familiarity with Office 365
- An interest in graphic design, for example working with InDesign
Only students currently enrolled in an institute of higher education can be selected for this trainee position. The position is remunerated, and the trainee will work 37,5 hours a week. The position is based in Helsinki, Finland.
Application procedure Please send a cover letter and CV, in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reference “Bridge 47– Communications and Events Trainee” in the title of your e-mail, cover letter and CV. Please note that applications received after closing date will not be considered.
Closing date of the call: 27 June 2019, 5 PM EET