Fingo is looking to recruit a
Communications and Events Assistant
Finnish Development NGOs Fingo ry is looking to recruit a Communications and Events Assistant to the Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship project for a 6 month contract starting in February 2019.
The tasks of the Assistant include:
- Producing and proofreading content for the Bridge 47 website
- Producing content for Bridge 47 social media channels
- Preparing the Bridge 47 newsletter
- Assisting Bridge 47 staff members in their communication needs
- Assisting with creating a social media strategy for the Bridge 47 project
- Translating materials from English to Finnish
- Assisting the Global Network Coordinator with preparations of Bridge 47 events in connection to the International Civil Society Week in Belgrade, April 2019
- Assisting with preparation of other Bridge 47 events
What do we expect?
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing circumstances
- Reliability as a team player
- Understanding and commitment to the values of Global Citizenship Education
- Fluency in English and Finnish
- Studies in communication or other relevant fields
- Experience in communications, journalism or related fields
In addition, we appreciate:
- Motivation and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a multicultural context
- Ability to establish good working relations with the several players and stakeholders
- Strong IT skills, familiarity with Office 365
What can we offer?
We offer a meaningful and interesting position in an international environment that will allow you work in the area Global Citizenship Education together with a dynamic and committed team.
Bridge 47 is a project that aims to mobilise global civil society to contribute to global justice and eradication of poverty through Global Citizenship Education. The project provides a space for civil society organisations, activists and other interested people to interact with one another, exchange information and resources and develop new and innovative approaches for global citizenship education.
Fingo is an NGO platform which was formed by the Finnish NGDO Platform to the European Union, Kehys and Finnish Platform for Development NGOs, Kepa. Fingo works to bring together 300 development NGO’s, influence political decision-making, and coordinate the work of its members. Our modern premises with great public transport connections can be found in Vallila, Helsinki.
Please send a cover letter and CV, in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reference “Bridge 47 – Communications and Events Assistant” in the title of your e-mail, cover letter and CV.
For further information, please contact Nora Forsbacka, +358 43 824 1167, the following times:
- Monday 7 January 2019 3-4 PM EET
- Wednesday 9 January 2019 11-12 AM EET
Closing date of the call: 10 January 2019, 4 PM EET